Oil Pulling

Lilly

Has anyone here ever tried oil pulling? It seems pretty simple and if it does work the health benefits are great, and if it doesn't work there is nothing about it that is going to hurt you. If you have tried it what kind of oil do you use?

Lyra

I haven't tried it, though I have heard about it. The only negative that strikes me is that you are supposed to do it for 20 minutes. That is a long time to be unable to speak. I've also heard you should do it before you eat in the morning. That would not be as much of a hardship for me, but it might be for some.

Aconite

I tried it for a few days because I read about the benefits of it. I personally didn't care for it! I mean, you have to swish this oil inside your mouth for 20 minutes consistently every day before you drink or eat anything. I found it to be really nasty! To each their own I guess.

It supposedly can remove or reduce plaque, and also give you a great detoxifying effect. I'm sure it does, but I just could not deal with it.

Lilly

I think that I am going to give it a try, but I haven't been to the store yet to get the oil. I'm going to run some errands in the next day or so I will probably pick some up then.

PaloVerde

I read that coconut oil is supposed to be the best one for reducing strep germs in the mouth. I don't think I can handle the oil being in my mouth for so long either. It would be hard to not end up swallowing at least some of it and I'd really prefer not to do that.

Lilly

Well, I got sick before I could get a chance to try it. I am planning to use the coconut oil when I get a chance to try it though.

Hyacinth

I have never tried it. I wasn't so familiar with how it is done, so I had to look it up. Rinsing my mouth with oil for 20 minutes doesn't seem to be an easy task for me. How can I be able to handle or keep the oil in my mouth for such a period of time? :rolleyes:

SoftRain

You basically swish an oil all around the inside of your mouth for twenty minutes and it's supposed to keep your gums and teeth healthy. I've never tried it because I think I'd have a hard time not gagging or vomiting. That's a long time to keep oil in your mouth.