Nutella Lawsuit

That stuff always looked nasty to me. I did not know it tasted like chocolate. And now it's not healthy. I hate big business sometimes. We are feeding this stuff to our kids thinking it is good for them. When will it all stop?
It will stop when companies stop finding ways to make money off of selling garbage to us.

Many people have exploited this class action lawsuit. I've seen people telling others about how they scammed Nutella for $100. 5 checks per individual.

SifuPhil

It will stop when companies stop finding ways to make money off of selling garbage to us.
... or when we get some common-sense and decide to stop buying it ... ;)

A company won't last if we don't buy their product, so if enough people decide they're tired of buying garbage it's a simple matter of voting with your money.

... but ... people being people, Nutella will probably grow even bigger now. :rolleyes:

Many people have exploited this class action lawsuit. I've seen people telling others about how they scammed Nutella for $100. 5 checks per individual.
Am I a terrible person because I don't feel sympathy for a corporation who gets scammed? Especially when it's a lying corporation?

Andrea4

That is great to hear, because their advertising really did make it sound like it was a healthy breakfast. It is tasty, but most things that taste good are not very good for you. It's a win for consumers.

freshfoodie

I am sorry but I really think people need to start taking a little bit of personal responsibility. Nutella is nothing more than melted chocolate, who thinks that is a healthy breakfast option? If you can read the nutrition label it says that it has almost 300 calories for every 2 tablespoons. I use it as a snack/treat and that is it.

Ankh

Have you read the news about Nutella paying out to consumers who were led to believe that Nutella is a healthy breakfast option? The makers of Nutella are to pay $4 per jar to consumers in accordance with the class action settlement.
LOL.
Sorry I new gooden well that thus stuff wasn't healthy.
This stuff has a chocolately taste right??
I think I tried this stuff once and was turned completely off by the sugary taste.

I've seen Nutella at the grocery store, but I never bought any before. It has a bunch of unnecessary ingredients and I try to stay away from products like that.

People need to take responsibility for what they put into their bodies. Sure the company might have touted it as a healthy breakfast option, but people need to stop believing everything they hear and learn to read. Yes, the company was wrong, they are paying for it, but people need to act like adults and be responsible.

Jessi

Hm... warm beer, cold pizza, and nutella... that sounds like a kick@ss breakfast, haha!
Haha, I'd be all over that!

I should try to think of something stupid to file a lawsuit about. I could use the money.
It's the American way. You can sue for *anything* so you don't even have to be creative with it. Or just piggyback off someone else's complaint like this.

beyreNC

This is just another example of the sad state of affairs in our country (as I assume this is US only). Seriously, a product contains chocolate ... it's not a healthy everyday food product. Granted, there are studies that strongly suggest chocolate has good health benefits, but that is not ALL chocolate as all chocolate is not of the same quality ... AND they weren't talking about eating chocolate everyday as part of a meal.

Yes, everyone is responsible for their own health as best you can (depending on economic level, etc etc), so you should read labels and make informed decisions. That lawsuit should have been thrown out. However, the company should have been fined for misleading advertisements. So both parties should have lost out on their greed an stupidity.

ssamcd

I did not hear about the lawsuit till I read it here. My kids use to love Nutella. I am surprised they will be giving refunds of $25.00 with no receipts. I am glad they need to be held liable for false advertising.

Do people forget how to read? I mean I have to read the labels does anyone else read them? I mean if you take time and read then you can determine if you want to use it or not based off of the items included in the food.

Waynefire

If people are suing on this then they are just plain stupid. I mean anything you eat, even if claimed to be healthy, will have some sort of impact on your body. So you should realize that some items even if billed as healthy are not as good as what you thought. Just accept the fact people!

mudrock

I heard about this nutella lawsuit. I can't see why people should really be getting money back. I think if someone is seriously injured from nutella, that person should be entitled to compensation. I sort of feel sorry for the company sense lots of people who don't even eat it will be taking advantage just to get some change.

Where then are the lawsuits, over all the sugery cereals that the kids consume on a daily basis? Strange.
The sugary cereals are not outright claiming to be a healthy breakfast option like Nutella apparently was.

Although I don't much care if they say it is healthy or not, all companies are out to make money, I still read the labels and decide for myself.

beckyv1265

I love it . I don't care if its healthy or not. I use it for a frosting base on cakes. lol It is what it is. I love peanut butter as well . But many commercial brands are full of sugar. Now peanut butter and nutella is awsome in a sandwich. Its like eating a peanut butter cup. People really need to get over stuff and pay attention to what you are eating. Its not like you don't have a mind.

misumaru15

I've never tried it. However I didn't dare think that something full of chocolate would be my first healthy choice for breakfast. I agree that many won't have their receipts nor will they bother to try to collect on the offer.

artifactsofmars

Well I don't know. All I can say to people is just read the label. I never tried this confection even though I was familiar with it. The name just is not terribly appealing to me. I mean is it supposed to be an alternative to peanut butter or what?