New Year's Resolutions

Primrose

One of my new year's resolutions is to eat healthier and exercise more. Due to some recent health issues, this has become a very important issue in my life. Fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs will play a large part of this resolution. What are some of your resolutions?

Pinkle

Every year, I always say I'll eat better and exercise more than I did the year before, and almost every year, I wind up doing exactly the same thing that I did the year before! I haven't decided what my "official" New Year's resolution will be yet, but I'm shying away from weight-loss related ones this go round. ;)

Luvkenny

I make the same resolution each year (same one you stated). I start off well and then about a month later I don't do so well. This year I'm going to work on my finances! I want to buy a new home so I have to get the other bills paid.

Valerienne

I made a resolution to take better care of my mind. More discipline, less guilt, and to start fighting for what I really want. And to sleep more.

Pinkle

Valerienne - I could DEFINITELY stick to a resolution to sleep more, ha ha! :p Seriously though, I also like your resolution to feel less guilt this year. I have a tendency towards guilt myself, even over things that I really shouldn't feel guilty about.

Trudy

I make the same resolutions every year, but invariably I fall down on my promises before even the first month is over. It's just so hard to keep fresh vegetables in the house and to keep them cooked. Convenience foods are just so -- convenient!

Hyacinth

When I was younger, I used to start each year with a list of resolutions, but I was never good at keeping them long after January 1st, so I eventually stopped doing such. :)

jason

Have a great day
I have not done any real resolutions in a few years. But this year I came up with the perfect one. I will write the correct year by the end of the year. I think I can keep that one.

But on a more serious note, I believe it has become the norm to not go through with a New Years resolution. It is almost like you are setting yourself up for being let down. I would also rather make the changes as needed and I felt it was a good time rather then waiting on a certain time of year.

Pinkle

I make the same resolutions every year, but invariably I fall down on my promises before even the first month is over. It's just so hard to keep fresh vegetables in the house and to keep them cooked. Convenience foods are just so -- convenient!
Trudy, I know what you mean. A few months ago, I decided to try a tip that I'd read about online where you only shop the perimeter of the grocery store, buying fresh fruits and veggies, fresh meat, dairy, etc., and avoid anything processed or "convenient". In the end, it didn't work for our family, because our grocery bill shot up, along with the amount of time I had to spend in the kitchen! :eek: