New Recipes

Joyce

I just made my first batches for the year and I created 2 new recipes, one that is apple and spice which is made with cinnamon and apple sauce and the other is gardener's soap, which has coffee grounds and poppy seeds.

Healthy4us

Joyce they both sound amazing! Can you tell us how you created them? Do you think a novice could handle it? The apple and cinnamon I would love to try to make first. Is it a delicate scent? How fascinating!

Joyce

It is a very delicate scent and a very basic recipe, it has a really nice swirl effect in it as well.

My recipe is:
3 lbs of oil
6 oz lye
8 oz water

Melt oils, remove from heat, mix lye in water and let both become room temp or use a thermometer and make sure the temps are around 110.

For additives:

When mixing together; add 4 oz sea salt

I use a stick blender to do mine.

At trace:
2 oz cinnamon in 2 oz olive oil
4 oz apple sauce

That is my simple recipe, I have used it to make 30-40 batches of soap so far.

Let me know if you want the other one too

This one is my gardner's Soap, smells like subtle coffee and some other scents.

this one is my apple cinnamon, it smells faintly of apples and cinnamon.

StingingNettle

How clever of you! I had no idea you could use things like coffee grounds or applesauce in soaps. I love seeing the pictures; I can almost smell the coffee and cinnamon.

Do you sell your soaps, or just make them for fun? Or do you like having homemade soap for health reasons?

Joyce

I do a little of everything. I started it as a hobby but I have made some money off it and I have done some special orders for people as well.