Neti Pot

ThymeforRodney

I've been tempted to start using a Neti pot for some time now. I have a thing about water in my nose though. I still can't swim if my head is under water and it's all mental. I know that mentally but my body still goes haywire if I get near it with water. Is there a way to get through this?

DHager

A Neti Pot is the best thing ever! I never thought I could do it, but last year when I developed a sensitivity to conventional over the counter meds I took the plunge. The one thing you must remember when using the Neti pot is to keep your mouth open and breath through your mouth. Keeping your head completely turned is also essential. Really you should try this, even my doctor said it was a good practice once a week! Good Luck! Just remember to BREATHE!

sferro

LOVE The Netti!

I've been using the Netti Pot for approx 8months now. Every year Oct-Dec I am sick with severe sinus infection and Laryngitis...I have NOT been sick 1x this year! I believe it's a Miracle Lil' Pot! <3 it!:) :)

GardenSue

DHager, is it a good idea to use the neti pot once a week? I have sinus cyst, chronic sinusitis, bronchitis and COPD, if this is something that would help me then I am all for it. Cold and Flu season is always fun at my house.:rolleyes:

wanderingherb

Okay, I gotta admit. I am a total woosie. No backbone for some things. I tried. Lord knows I tried to use this because it was recommended. I did nothing but gag and you name it. But it works great for those who have the patience to use it!!

I can tolerate sniffing water with herbal or E.O. up my nose one nostril at a time. I don't know if I was doing something wrong or what. But don't be like me and give up. I have heard they work wonders. I just prefer less or a steam. It might be I have a major gag reflex when something is draining from my sinuses to my throat. I do get vile ill and throw up when I have sinus infections.

Wanderingherb