Natural blackhead scrubs

lolli

I have been getting blackheads around my nose and mouth lately. Anyone know of a natural blackhead scrub? I have really sensitive skin so it cannot be too harsh.

Greenwoman

I have heard of using a combination of toothpaste and baking soda to make a skin scrub. Though, for fair warning, I've tried this once, and the entire side of my face broke out. It could have just been that the scrub was incompatible for my skin type, however.

Myrrh

I have blackheads on my nose, too. I have tried mixing oatmeal with water and rubbing the paste on my nose. Honey and brown sugar make a good scrub, too. I apply the honey-brown sugar mixture not only to my nose but also to my entire face.

Greenwoman

I didn't think about using brown sugar as a scrub. That is a great idea! Honey is a good idea too.

I'm not entirely sure that oatmeal would help, though, because it can also act as a moisturizer and humectant.

You know, coffee could probably work really well in this situation.

lolli

Very interesting! Coffee and honey are two things I wouldn't have thought of using. Toothpaste is a trick I have used to dry out a big red pimple. The trick worked well.

Greenwoman

For a minute, I misread your post and thought you said "Toothpick."

Well, I recommend coffee because of it's texture. You would need something gritty enough to get rid of the excess oils and dead skin while at the same time something that isn't harsh.

SoftRain

I like the honey and brown sugar scrub idea. The sugar will scrub and the honey is an antibiotic and antifungal agent. I think that honey moisturizes a bit too.

freshfoodie

I use granulated sugar and honey as a facial scrub. It works really good and makes you face super soft. It would probably work as an all over body scrub actually.

lolli

Isn't the honey sticky when you use it? How do you get it off? Just plain hot water? I would think you would need some kind of soap to take the honey off your body when you were done.

jolee

I've been hearing a lot lately about raw honey being an excellent facial mask. It's important that it be 'raw', which I think can only be found at health food stores. I haven't checked out ordering online. It's definitely going to be sticky to use, but I think it just comes right off with warm water.

Last edited:

chabella

All Lady
Lately the last few breakouts that I have had seem to be random, always in a different place. The only thing that is remotely the same is that it is two or three little blackheads at a time, all bunched up in the same spot.

Greenwoman

Isn't the honey sticky when you use it? How do you get it off? Just plain hot water? I would think you would need some kind of soap to take the honey off your body when you were done.
All you need, really, is just hot or warm water to get it off. You can use soap if you like, but I would recommend using something that is gentle, like baby wash.

MissEm

The thought of putting honey and brown sugar on my face makes me cringe. I cannot imagine what a mess that would be. Knowing me, I would get it all over me and my bathroom. I'll have to try something else.