Massage

Lyra

How often do you get a massage? Do you believe they can really help with ailments or are they just relaxing? I have a terrible knot in my neck and I am wondering if maybe I need a massage to loosen it up.

Hyacinth

I get a massage once in a while although I would like to get one more frequently. Last Saturday, my aunt gave me a back rub, and it was so soothing. I do think that massage therapy provide medical benefits. I was just reading that some medical practitioners believe that massage can help alleviate pain and enhance the immune system.

I've never had a professional one before but would love to. I know some that have this done often and swear by them. I do believe they can help relieve pain that isn't to severe.

Primrose

Several years ago, I was involved in a severe car accident. As I was home for 4 months recouperating, my husband scheduled a massage for me at least once a month. It was very beneficial for the healing process of all my muscles and my mental attitude. Massage is worth every penny. I still have one every now and then just to relax.

Lyra

Primrose, that is a pretty good endorsement. I have seen some good deals on Groupon for half price massages. Maybe I will take the plunge and schedule one. It would certainly be cheaper than going to the doctor, especially for something they probably cannot fix.