Massage for Arthritis?

ThymeforRodney

I have back pain due to arthritis and it really acts up sometimes. I was just wondering if a massage would help or would it make things more painful? I try to stay away from medication if I can.

ginseng

Sometimes a message can alleviate some of the pain, but it is not guaranteed to always work. I think the resulting relaxation of the muscles does the trick.

curer

Yes, message is a good way to get rid of back pain. But, it requires good massaging skills which only an experienced person can offer. You can also apply herbal oils to alleviate your back pain.

powwa

When my arthritis flares up I soak in a nice hot bath with 1 - 2 cups of APPLE CIDER vinegar. This helps remove toxins from your body and really helps me with arthritic pain.

I also have a friend who is a FANTASTIC massage therapist and aromatherapist and she gives me essential oil massages specific for my arthritis pain...

wanderingherb

Yes, massage help tremendously. Even believe it or not a deep muscle massage. Just be sure to tell your massage person that you have arthritis, and if you feel any out of the ordinary pain, speak up promptly,

Many eo massage oils will really help in this case so see if you can get a massage therapist who is also an aromatherapist!

wanderingherb

CrunchyMama

I don't have arthritis in my back, but I think I'm getting it in my thumbs. Would massage still be a viable solution for the hands?

wanderingherb

Hand massages are awesome. In fact I was just talking to someone a couple of days ago about massage and she was telling me a volunteer goes into the cancer treatment center and gives hand massages in the waiting room!

Also, there are different types of arthritis. Each type receives different care. No they are not all the same. If you see or feel something funky going on with your hand joints I highly suggest you go to the doctor and be sure you are not suffering with beginning stages of R.A. Its wicked wicked illness. It is not like osteo at all. It hits your entire body and some organs.

Women seem to be plagued by it more often than men.

wanderingherb

GardenSue

When my arthritis flares up I soak in a nice hot bath with 1 - 2 cups of APPLE CIDER vinegar. This helps remove toxins from your body and really helps me with arthritic pain.
I am often amazed at what all Apple Cider vinegar can be used to help and do for a person. I have never heard of this before and will be trying it out really soon.
I was always told to use Epsom Salt in the bath and that this would help relieve the pain.