Making herbal soaps

Clover

I would like to make my own herbal soaps. Does anyone know of a herb that can go through the heat process without loosing its healing properties? I'm thinking about something that will tone the skin.

jason

Have a great day
You will want to use oils in the soap. Some oils you can use are pure olive oil, pure white coconut oil, jojoba essential oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil and aloe vera gel.

Joyce

I add my herbs at the end and my soaps do just fine, I add them at trace and they seem to retain their properties. Alternatively you can make infused oils and use those as the fats to soap with.

locococo

Is there anything safe to start out with? Sometimes I tend to have tender skin and I can randomly break out but there is nothing that doctors or myself can nail down as the main reason I get rashes, I am thinking this might be fun to try too but I do not want an allergic reaction.

HerbJane

I make a baby soap with Calendula, Lavender and Chamomile, in my opinion these are the gentlest herbs out there, most people do not have problems with them, maybe try one at a time first.