Making Candles For A Wedding

Pinkle

I'm planning a wedding for August and thinking about having it late in the evening, since August temps tend to run high here. I want to make some candles for the ceremony and reception. Has anyone here done that before? What kind of container(s) should I use? What's inexpensive and still screams, "Look at me! I'm a wedding candle!"?

Trudy

I love the clear glass vases that come in so many varieties. We attended a wedding recently where the bride used assorted heights and sizes. She floated a lot of candles inside the vases alongside others filled with orchids and various flowers. She grouped as many as eight or ten vases together throughout the venue. There must have been fifteen on the mantle as well as more inside the fireplace. It was a beautiful wedding.

Luvkenny

I like the idea of many different sizes too. You can make them look like - wow look at me by staggering them in bunches. I would use clear vases too. You could even paint your names on some of the vases.

Pinkle

Thanks for the input; I like the idea of clear vases, especially with our names painted on some of them. :) I think I'm going to make a trip to Michael's Arts & Crafts store this weekend to see what else I can find to decorate with. A friend of mine made a centerpiece for her kitchen table using a shallow clear bowl, colored glass pebbles, and floating candles. :) (Does anyone know how to make homemade candles float?)