Making a spa basket

Lyra

My niece is turning 16 in a few weeks and I want to make her a homemade spa basket. But I am not sure what I should put in it! So far, I was thinking of a honey and olive oil facial scrub and scented bath salts. Those are pretty easy to make, right?

I thought I would buy some pretty glass jars and containers at the thrift store. I can also find a cute basket there.

I need some suggestions for simple and inexpensive stuff I could make to add to the basket. The only other things I can think of are homemade, natural deodorant and toothpaste, but I think those probably don't hold much appeal to a teen girl.

Luvkenny

I would skip the toothpaste and deodarant. How about some bath salts (not the kind people snort). You can always make a foot scrub too and buy a loofah to use on her feet. I love spa baskets!

Lyra

I got some help from a friend with a teenaged daughter who likes making her own spa products. Today I went out and bought a whole collection of jars and bottles from Goodwill. I also got some adorable ribbon and scrapbook paper to make instruction/name tags for each item.

I have decided to make four different types of scrubs (lemon salt, brown sugar, peppermint foot scrub and cocoa lip scrub), two facial masks (one honey based and one oatmeal), a blemish cream and a rosemary vinegar hair rinse, as well as a detox preparation for the bath. I also found a brand new nail kit at Goodwill that includes a buffer and a nail drying machine, along with several polishes. There was also an assortment of wooden massagers. I may have gone a touch overboard, but I still haven't spent that much at all. And I really want to show my niece how much I love her.

I am so excited to make all the potions and ointments and preparations. They are going to look so pretty in all the jars!

Lilly

How did your niece like the spa basket? I think that it sounds like a wonderful gift. I would love to know how to make the rosemary vinegar hair rinse, and the detox solution for the bath.