Lovage

bettyblue

Do you know this herb/spice? It's amazing for soup and meat, but I can't buy it anywhere. Does anybody grow lovage at home or in the garden? Is it difficult to grow it? Right now I could grow it only in a container at home, but I don't know if it's possible.

xenon

I grew lovage over the years. Once established it will grow back every spring. It likes moist areas and looks a bit like celery. The leaves a great in soups and stews. I no longer have it growing as my fences have been rearranged and the wildlife have now removed it totally. Thanks for reminding me. I will go and get some more root cuttings from the friend I originally got mine from.

bettyblue

Thank you for your answer :) Do you think it's possible to grow it inside the house? I can only grow something on my window sill. From your description I guess it's not really possible, it must be a big plant. I have no clue since I always bought leaves in bunches, and they looked like a big parsley leaves. I've heard a story that when you give a man some dish made with this spice, you will win his heart. Do you believe it? :)