Living in the city Question

misumaru15

My grandmother and grandfather lived in a country town in Texas. When I was little we used to think we were heading away from civilization. The town stores closed earlier than in the city. As I have gotten older I have come to realize I miss the fresh air there. I also miss how quiet it was at night. You would only hear the crickets and such at night. It was so peaceful.

I love the city life! I love it so much that if it has a face. I'd marry it! I do love the rural life too but I can only take 3 to 5 days living in one and I'll get easily bored. The sound of cars and the people hurrying on the streets of my concrete jungle is music to my ears. :)

ohiotom76

I used to live in the city and moved to a more suburb type area away from malls and shopping and entertainment. Being single, and especially because I moved there for work away from my family and friends, it was tough - especially trying to make a new circle of friends because there wasn't any nightlife nearby.

It's not necessarily quiet at night, haha! This morning I heard an interesting sound like construction going on about fifteen minutes before my alarm was set to go off. At first it confused me because I thought it was my alarm, but when I realized that it wasn't, I went back to sleep. I'm generally cool with that kind of thing, but it drives my husband crazy.

plsargent

The smells, everything is so fresh and clean. The city is dirty and stinks. My parents live by a dairy not the best smell but I would take that over car fumes any day.

Pat

I live out side a big city and have never lived in the country. When I drive through more rural areas I always think it is too dark at night for me. I prefer the city lights.

ohiotom76

I don't mind the "noise" so much in a city because it all kind of blends together and becomes sort of like white noise. When I'm in a place that's too quiet, then every little sound becomes amplified and disturbs me. I had a hotel room in New York on one of the lower floors near all the traffic, and there was something kind of soothing about all the sounds actually. Regarding the air, there are also a lot of nice smells in the city too, bake shops, food carts, flower stands...

Basil Nut

I would miss the fresh air, the peace, the quiet and the sound of insects in the late evening. I can tell what time of year it is by listening to the birds in the morning when I first wake up. Spring is the best time for that.

Lena51

I'd love to go back to the country and enjoy life and all it has to offer. The houses are far away and neighbors are far and in between. That means a lot of space to run around without being making a lot of loud noise so the neighbors can't complaint. Not that I make noise, but in case you want to have a dinner party, there is no complainting about the hours.

Esperahol

I live in a town for all that it might be called a city, and so I can't say I have much to miss. Then again I come from a small town and there is a lot I don't miss. I don't like the isolation, I don't like having everyone in my business, I don't like the enormous insects, and I don't like not having access to things. I do like being able to see the stars at night and the lack of car accidents every five minutes.

shaunche

I live out side a big city and have never lived in the country. When I drive through more rural areas I always think it is too dark at night for me. I prefer the city lights.
Night is supposed to be dark! All the artificial light in our homes and the city is actually quite bad for us because it disrupts our natural circadian rhythm. I know it can be boring but that's what your genes want - dark night and bright day.

I don't live in the city anymore. Although it has it's ups, I'd prefer to live in the city overall. It's just more exciting. You always being excited, thrilled, or have something to do. I love the city, and can't wait to go back.

Luvkenny

I live in the country and I love it. I went to NYC last week and I can tell you there is no way ever I would ever live there. I don't even want to live in town - too many close neighbors.

sandooch

As much as I'm used to living in the city, I would have loved to have lived in the country. Like others had mentioned, I would love to breathe in some clean, crisp air. Not the smog-filled filth we breathe in here in CA. I would also love to take walks down the long uncongested roads.

sammilynn

I lived near where I am now for about 4 years after I was born, then we moved out to the country in the middle of no where. After almost 15 years out there, I moved back to the city, and I would much rather be here. It easier to get around, I can actually have some form of life, and go out and do things. I would prefer to be in a better section of town, but not out in the country again. I do like the quiet in the country, but it's just not convenient. I would rather just have a cottage to go to when I need a place for a quiet escape. Being cut off from everything again is not what I want. haha :)

Esperahol

Night is supposed to be dark! All the artificial light in our homes and the city is actually quite bad for us because it disrupts our natural circadian rhythm. I know it can be boring but that's what your genes want - dark night and bright day.
Black out curtains work wonders and not every person is the same. Some people are night owls, some are early birds, and some are just glitched. I'm an extremely glitched night owl and have been since I was a very small child. Therefore I have blackout curtains and an extreme dislike of anything like bright light or noise.

Lena51

There is not a thing wrong with living in the country. It teaches kids a whole lot of values and what life is all about. Kids that come from the country seem to have more manners and respect for older people. (Not all of them) however, there are some that are very nice and respect others. But they learn a lot by growing up there in the country. On the other hand the city life disrupt kids minds and they are not close to nature.