Little is better

SuzyQ

Have you seen the latest exercise recommendation? Apparently if you do just 3 minutes of intense exercise every day, or 10 minutes three times a week, it uses up more calories and strengthens more muscles than conventional methods. That sounds like my kind of exercise regime!;)

Hyacinth

I have come across this workout which consists of high-intensity exercises that you perform in 7 minutes. That's why it's called the 'seven-minute' workout. If this type of workout does deliver health benefits in less time, then maybe it isn't a bad idea.

Lyra

That is so tempting. But I bet the high-intensity stuff is really rough. I know a lot of people who have done Cross Fit and it sounds like a nightmare. I might have to look more into that.

freshfoodie

I have heard that it is better to do a few minutes of high intensity exercise. I do both kinds of exercise. I walk 4-5 miles a couple times a week, but I also do a 10-15 minute high intensity circuit a few times a week.

aunaturel

The high-intensity exercise is good for strength building but doesn't burn as many calories. You should do some, but you also need to get in cardio, which burns much more calories and is good for your heart. Just one type of exercise isn't going to help you get as fit as you should be.

chabella

All Lady
I have read into bumping up the intensity factor in a workout but I have never heard of anything that lets you cut down that much of a workout. I am not sure it is really possible and if it would be healthy. I mean how do you know how hard to push yourself in such a short time span?