Liquid or Solid?

Mrs. Rogers

I have always found the cost to be much less for solids and they last longer so that's what I usually go with. Good ol' Irish Spring soap just smells so clean and fresh. I love it.

aphil

My preference is liquid soap. It does seem like the aromas are so much richer and for me, it is the liquid soap that lasts longer because I don't have to use much to get a nice lather.
Oftetentimes, when I lather with bar soap, it disappears so fast and makes me have to use more soap. I basically use bar soaps for decor now and the liquid soap helps me to enjoy my shower.

AnonaMoss

I'd rather the solid Dove sensitive skin soap. I like liquid soap, but I find that it dries my skin. The Dove soap makes my skin very soft, and doesn't leave me with a soap scum residue. I also like that the solid soaps last longer than the liquid. It saves me about $4.00 every month.

shaunche

I try to limit my use of soap, I use soap to clean my hands but that's it. I don't buy liquid soap because I believe the chemicals in liquid soap are harmful. Bar soap is not great but it's the least offensive option.

I have to say I like both of the soaps. However, liquid soaps can help prevent some of the clogs which are common in septic systems or sewer lines. Can you please share the way you make your homemade soaps for liquid?

britwade

I think liquid is better. It seems like you have a better variety with a liquid soap. They also have more unique smells. I think solid soap tends to have the same soapy smell I guess I should say because I can't think of a better way to put it. It may be something in the solid soap I guess but yes liquids are better and they smell better too.

Waynefire

I like the liquid soap because it does not clog up septic lines. The solid soaps will clog your lines over time. So this is something which I try to avoid for obvious reasons! The liquid does not do this and can easily go into your septic tanks or your sewer lines.

I buy solid soap but make liquid soap out of it. Not only does it last longer, but the kids can just squirt the soap instead of messing with a slippery bar of soap.

beckyv1265

I prefer to use liquid soap for me. My kids however I have to use bar soap because they use up the liquid soap too fast and also use it as bubble bath.

freshfoodie

I prefer liquid hand soaps and body washes because then I can use a poof to exfoliate my skin while I wash. I use bar soap occasionally but I think it has a tendency to dry me out.