Liquid or Solid?

2Nature

Which do you prefer? I know that solid soaps last much longer in our house but liquid version are much easier to apply and my impression is that they smell better.

Randomhero

I tend to go with liquid products when bathing. Its easier and I dont have to worry about dropping the soap haha. Usually regular soap drys out my skin.

Sarah C.

I prefer to use liquid soap as it seems to clean better. I also agree that it does seem to smell better, and the smell seems to last longer. I also think you have more fragrances to choose from in liquid soap.

dkramarczyk

I prefer liquid soap with a loofah. I have an exfoliating loofah, which is really nice. If I didn't have the exfoliating loofah, then I would prefer bar soap that has those little beads in them so that it can still exfoliate. I tend to get a lot of dry skin, so this is important for me to take care of.

SoftRain

I like bar soap better. I get it with natural ingredients and it's much less drying than the liquid soap we are trying to use up.

I like liquid soap better, because with a loofah, it lathers better than bar soap. Also, a container of liquid soap doesn't leave behind a residue like bar soap does.

BonnyC

Solid soap all the way. To me, the liquid was more convenient because I could just put it on a loofah and get a really awesome lather. Then, I found these little loofah bags to put solid soap in and you get the same thing. It lasts a lot longer and I still get the same experience as a liquid soap. Plus, it doesn't slip out of my hands.

This isn't the one that I have, but it's the same type. I got mine at CVS, if I recall correctly. http://www.amazon.com/POUCH-SAVER-SHOWER-Scrubby-SPONGE/dp/B002BZKBW4/ref=sr_1_6?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1334346938&sr=1-6

amy71219

I used to always use liquid soap and then I started buying natural bar soap from people I know that were making and selling it. The bar soap feels so much better on my skin and smells so wonderful. My favorite has a hemp base with lavendar buds in it. I have never cared for the bar soap you buy from the store in a box though.

Somniate

I like liquid soap a lot better than bar soap. It's less likely to fall on the floor, and I feel like I get cleaner when I use liquid soap. I don't know if it's true, but it just feels easier.

Parker

It took awhile for me to switch, but I now prefer liquid soap and body wash. It's cheaper and lasts longer. Also, the fragrant combinations are divine. I love the way the bathroom smells after I take a shower.

Jessi

I buy solid soap and then make it into my own liquid. That way, I'm not paying the really high prices for the liquid variety, but still get the last effects of the bar soap because a single soap bar can make about a gallon of liquid.

chabella

All Lady
We are always about the liquid soap in this house and if we randomly switched I think everyone would freak out. The only person I know who still uses bar soap is my sister and she refuses to conform to the liquid side.

Suzie

Liquid soap is cleaner, to me. I'm sure you can have separate soap bars, but you just never know if someone has used your bar. With liquid soap, you don't have to worry about someone using it.

Hickorycottage

I like both kinds. I actually make both. The liquid soap is actually by-product of the solid soap. When I'm finished with a barch, I just put hot water in the crock pot with the soap they is still stuck to the sides, and wait. It gels into liquid soap. Of course, this only works with the hot process method.

I use liquid soap. It's actually cheaper than the solid ones if you use it sparingly. It doesn't really take that much liquid soap to work up a good lather.

hunysukle

I prefer liquid soaps because they are more convenient to use than bar soaps. Bar soaps are too slippery and leave soap scum on the tub/shower area. I try to use all-natural liquid soaps because the fragrances in many unnatural soaps are unhealthy.

BonnyC

If I had liquid soap, it would be gone in no time. My kids are ... adventurous in the tub. Even at ages 7 and almost 10, they still dump out body wash, conditioner, etc. if they get the notion. My oldest has used conditioner to wash her hair thinking it was some sort of special shampoo even when I told her which shampoo to use and what she wasn't supposed to use! It's selective hearing, I tell ya.

Anna T

I used to always use liquid soap and then I started buying natural bar soap from people I know that were making and selling it. The bar soap feels so much better on my skin and smells so wonderful. My favorite has a hemp base with lavendar buds in it. I have never cared for the bar soap you buy from the store in a box though.
Same here. I used to only buy the liquid, but now I prefer bar soap because I've been buying it homemade. It smells amazing! There's one kind I get that smells exactly like a gardenia flower.

2Nature

I see that most of us prefer the liquid form. A great company that makes them is Dr. Bronner's natural soaps. They have great fragrances to choose from. My personal favorite is the peppermint.