Less allergies?

question

Does home made soap have less allergens as regular soap or is the dependent on how you make it? What is the most hypoallergenic soap you can make yourself?

CeeCee

They may have less allergens due to there being less chemicals than manufactured soap. Either way, if you make your own you should have a fair amount of control and be able to keep out anything you know irritates your skin.

sammie

Part of my biggest issue when making anything homemade is that for the things I know I can use, I worry I might be either using not enough or too much. Is it all just trial and error?

Richard

If you want something like soap "personalized", then yes, I would say trial and error. Keep changing it around bit by bit, until you have exactly what you want.

HerbJane

I make a fantastic baby soap that I am getting wonderful comments about, it is made with infused calendula, chamomile and lavender and makes the skin feel great. It doesn't seem to irritate skin conditions either.

ThymeforRodney

That sounds wonderful HerbJane! I love the scent of lavender. There is a lot of soaps now that are using it but I would rather have homemade. We went to a demonstration of soap making at a local Fall Fair in my area. They were doing great and were selling it too. Wonderful!

Thyme

HerbJane, is it difficult to make? I am having lots of problems with my twins and their skin. Even the oatmeal ones seems to be create some type of reaction. Their main problem is the eczema. Does anybody have an easy recipe? I would really appreciate any help.

HerbJane

HerbJane, is it difficult to make? I am having lots of problems with my twins and their skin. Even the oatmeal ones seems to be create some type of reaction. Their main problem is the eczema. Does anybody have an easy recipe? I would really appreciate any help.
A little guy my sister looks after uses my soap for his eczema with no issue. I have no problem sharing my recipe, I will post it in a thread for you.