Lemon juice for acne scars...

xtina3907

I was reading online that lemon juice is good for acne scars. I had acne for years. I finally got rid of the acne, but the scars remain. I am planning on picking some up tomorrow. Has anyone tried this before? If so, does it actually work?

Trudy

While I don't have scars from acne, I do have some on my hands and arms from other things over the years. I think I'll try the lemon juice and see if it has any effect at all. Thanks for recommending it.

I think this is a really nice natural way to diminish acne scars. I have heard that it works wonderfully. I also have heard that it works on stretch marks. I think it won't hurt you if you try it because it is natural.

Myrrh

I know several people who apply lemon juice on their face. It is because of the whitening or brightening effect of lemon juice. I read somewhere that lemon juice is also a good exfoliant. It helps get rid of dead skin cells so it helps in skin renewal.

janayc

lemons may work...

Yes I've heard that lemon juice bleaches the skin. I am not sure if this is true or not, but if it is true, you may have to use it 3 times a day for two week to see a difference. Regular bleach cream expected result time is two weeks. With lemons being a natural bleach, it may take two weeks or longer. If you are patient and try lemons, post back and let me know how long it took to see the results.

xtina3907

I will be trying this for a few weeks and let everyone know how it goes. I will also be applying lemon juice to my stretch marks also. Anything is worth a try. Like I said, I have saw some results on my acne scars already. Thank you for the replies!

hunysukle

I read about this about 2 years ago online. In fact, I tried lemon juice on the face for a couple months. All it did was lighten my freckles.

A lady who lives in my building told me about this as well. She swears by it. I believe her, too, because she's close to sixty and has absolutely perfect skin. She has much lighter skin than I do, though, and I feel like it wouldn't work as well for me for that reason.

I was reading online that lemon juice is good for acne scars. I had acne for years. I finally got rid of the acne, but the scars remain. I am planning on picking some up tomorrow. Has anyone tried this before? If so, does it actually work?
I hope the results would work well for you. I believe it won't make the scars disappear, but rather, it will just lighten it. I tried using lemon juice before and after about 3 months of daily use, my pimple marks were not so noticeable anymore. I just stopped using it because I grew tired of applying it and waiting for few minutes before finally rinsing it off. Just remember to dab on very good moisturizer because lemon juice can be really drying to your skin because of its exfoliating effects.

Jessi

I haven't done it myself, but I've read plenty that says it can work. The acid works to exfoliate the skin, remove dead skin cells, heal the area, and potentially bleach the area some, too, which lessens how noticeable the scars are.

Please, please be careful doing it, though. It also makes your skin very sensitive to sun rays, so do it on a day when you're going to be staying indoors so you don't risk the hyper pigmentation that could come with basically bleaching your skin and then burning it with the sun. That will make things worse instead of better, ew.

SjNative

I have never tried lemon juice but I found this product in Walgreens called Bio Oil that I found out to work very well for any scars, including Acne Scars! It is a type of oil that you rub on your scars, whether it be stretchmarks, acne scars, gash scars, etc, and it really lightens up the scar significantly after a couple weeks. I recommend this product as it has brought much satisfaction to myself, as well as my mother.

I have never tried lemon juice but I found this product in Walgreens called Bio Oil that I found out to work very well for any scars, including Acne Scars! It is a type of oil that you rub on your scars, whether it be stretchmarks, acne scars, gash scars, etc, and it really lightens up the scar significantly after a couple weeks. I recommend this product as it has brought much satisfaction to myself, as well as my mother.
I've seen adverts for this in magazines, but I was always skeptical about it. Does it really work? What's in it?

cbm87

Wow! Thanks for this information. Is it really that effective? I have both acne scars and stretch marks so I'll be glad to try anything out. Like you, I didn't try using lemon juice, too. I heard that they have a bleaching properties, though. Anyway, I'll try this product. Thanks again :)

I have a childhood scar on my leg. I have been applying everything on it for years. It did get lighter, but it's still a distracting thing to look at. I think I'm gonna try this out.

calvinandhobbes

I have heard about this. I still have acne so I do not need to worry about acne scars yet! Or ever. It seems like it will never go away. But hopefully one day I will get past this issue and on to the issue of acne scars which, hopefully, lemon juice will heal!

konstantina

Lemon juice has a natural exfoliating action because of the acid and also has vitamin C which can brighten your skin and lighten any marks or freckles you have. The bad news is that you have to use it very often and for a long period of time. Also if you are fair or your skin is thin and sensitive it could harm you. You should also avoid the sun as you can end up with worse marks than before. I would advise you to start slowly and then see how your skin reacts