Learning more about herbs and what they do

smellsrfun

How can I learn more about herbs and natural supplements and the benefits of each? Is there some sort of class that would teach this? I don't want to look each and every one up on the internet.

jason

Have a great day
I do not know of any classes, but there are lots of books out there. I've learned a lot though just through talking to people, and researching ailments and their cures.

smellsrfun

What sort of books? Are there any that you have read and really learned a lot from. Most of my friends don't do anything with herbs or things like this. I would love to learn more and then I can teach them.

greentea

Yes, it's good to take some class to learn about herbs, but you will still need good books you can always refer to. I have a book titled "A Complete Handbook of Nature Cure". It doesn't particularly explain about herbs though. Instead, it is more a comprehensive guide to healing the nature way, including the use of herbs.

Treehugger

My favorite book is Natural Healing With Herbs by Humbart Santillo, N.D. This book has everything in it. It goes through causes of disease, to what herbs are for what ailment, to preparing the herbs, and even has some diets in it.