Lawsuit against health care reform

soursop

That is great news! I'd like to see what the courts will say about it. It is harder when you just hear opinions and not facts about things like this.

SallyA

I admire the states that have brought the legal action and hope the entire law will be overturned. It's more likely that only parts of it will be, though.

I hope the part that requires every citizen (or is it everyone living in the country) to have health insurance or be subject to fines is thrown out. I can just imagine how hard that will be on people who are already barely making ends meet.

Have any decisions been made in the case yet? I'm very hopeful that at least parts of it are overturned, though I prefer that the entire thing be thrown out.

SallyA

I was wondering the same thing, healthygal, so I looked it up. There is a hearing on December 16th. I really hope the states win this one, but it sounds like they'll probably only manage to get parts of the health care law overturned. Anything they can get overturned will be better than nothing, though.