Lavender cookies

Raspberry Leaf

It's almost Christmas cookie season again, and this year, I plan on making another batch of lavender cookies. If you've never had a lavender cookie, you have to try them! They're very light and floral, similar to rose cookies. They do very well as macarons, too.

PaloVerde

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I bet those would be good at any time of the year. Just the name makes me think of springtime. I've never tasted those or the rose cookies either.

Raspberry Leaf

I never would have thought lavender would work well with food if I hadn't tried them in a shop once. We used to have a bakery where I live that had all kinds of neat biscuits and cookies. They had these wonderful lavender macarons that were absolutely amazing. I'm still trying to find a way to replicate the flavor I remember.

Hyacinth

That sounds interesting! It never occurred to me that you could use lavender for baking purposes. I wonder how lavender cookies taste. I would be so eager to try them!

Raspberry Leaf

Make sure that you specifically use edible lavender. It's usually available at gourmet and higher-end grocery stores. Regular lavender will taste soapy. I made that mistake once--never again.

PaloVerde

Nothing like soapy tasting cookies to put a stop to snacking, right? Thanks for the tip about that. I had no idea. I love the smell of lavender and have a sachet in one of my drawers.