Kidney support

Lyra

What are some of the herbs you all find helpful for kidney support? I am detoxing from some serious mold exposure and my kidneys are struggling. I've been dealing with a good bit of pain. It does not seem to be stones or an infection, just inflammation.

Aconite

Well, I can honestly say this and you won't believe it's true. Turmeric. Yup! This stuff is so strong, it will wipe anything out that you need. It's also a fantastic anti-inflammatory herb which has helped me recently. You can't just get the regular turmeric capsules though, you need to buy the ones that are Curcumin C3 with Bioperine. Those are amazing.

Alli

Thank Aconite. I've been reading a lot lately about the benefits of Turmeric. Do you know if it interacts with other medications? I'm currently on a blood pressure med and don't want to mess things up.

hppyfngy

I'll go along with Turmeric, although I'm not so sure you have to be quite so specific in what you buy.

Also good for liver, kidney, gall bladder, are Reishi Mushroom and Milk Thistle capsules.
I also like an antiinflammatory tea, made up of equal parts Meadowsweet, Chamomile, and Agrimony.
Make this up one heaping tablespoon of each to a quart of boiling water and steep at least 15 minutes, then refrigerate. (you can steep overnight in the fridge if you like.)
Drink throughout the day.

None of these will interfere w/ bp meds.

Lyra

Thank you all so much. I am doing better, but I had a lot to detox. I've been taking yucca and uva ursi. I have been amazed at how quickly they started to help. I am still taking them nad I can tell when I stop. But I can tell a huge difference compared to when I posted this.

Glad to know tumeric can help. I'll put that information in my back pocket in case I need it.