Kidney stones

Lyra

My neighbor's daughter came over tonight asking to borrow something for making cookies. She said her dad was sick and she was baking for him. When I inquired about his illness, she said he had a kidney stone. Boy, have I been there. I know how much that hurts!

I happened to have some remedies on hand, some tart black cherry juice to break up the stones and corn silk tea for the pain. She came back right away to tell me he really appreciated it. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through kidney stones, so I was glad I had something that might help to share with him.

Primrose

Thanks for the information Lyra. I didn't know the natural remedies for kidney stones. My daughter had one several years ago and I can remember what pain she went through. I wish I had known this then. Thanks!

chabella

All Lady
A friend of mine had a transplant that he was very lucky to get. I have heard all types of stories about kidney issues and I doubt I would wish it on anyone either. Not after what I saw a close friend of mine go through.

Cobbler

I happened to have some remedies on hand, some tart black cherry juice to break up the stones and corn silk tea for the pain.
Thank you for sharing that. I consider myself lucky that I've never had kidney stones, but the thought crosses my mind every now and then. That remedy will be saved in the back of my mind if I ever need it.