Is there an easy way?

paul

Is there an easy way to learn meditation? I think it would help me relax but I am not sure exactly how to do it. Is there an way I can start to learn it?

jason

Have a great day
There are a lot of meditation on CDs out there. You are supposed to listen to them, as they walk you through the meditation steps. I've tried them, but had no luck.

paul

I have seen a few of them but figured if I knew which ones to use instead of wasting money. I have a high stress job and I thought maybe meditation would help me.

Galileo

I think it's pretty much trial and error since what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. You could try just playing some music that you find soothing while sitting in a quiet place with candlelight. Work on clearing your mind of everything that stressed you out that day, focus on your breathing, etc. That wouldn't take any investment on your part and it could get you started.

locococo

Practice makes perfect. I have known some people that are just too tense and refuse to relax that never fully get the hang of it, but once you do, its great. It comes in handy more times than most think to bat an eyelash at.

paul

I have seen some folks who just go into meditation mode when they are stressed out, I wish I had that feature built into my body.

Dreyfush

I am not aware there is an easy way to practice meditation. Meditation is a struggle to conquer and control your mind, and that's never easy. I agree with Locococo that practice makes perfect.

paul

I think I am just going to have to dig in and try it. I hope I can at least get a handle on some of it so it can help ease my stress levels.

sammie

There are some ease books to read that can help with some practice tips and tricks for those new, but it is worth it to practice a little. For some people something as easy as laying or sitting still is not something that comes easy to them.

Maternal

I agree that it is not easy to do meditation, but you can indeed learn it the easy way. I mean, take it easy. You may not be able to control your mind easily at the first attempts, but there is no need to hurry. Take your time, enjoy the process.

biggy

Well, there are various types of meditations. From simple to complex. I would advise you to practice simple meditation in the beginning. Later, after gaining some experience, you can switch over to difficult meditations. There are any number of books on the subject. You can as well search the net for simple meditations.

glider

It is simple and easy to do meditation. Of course, there are different types of meditation like simple and complex. But, you start with simple meditation. You have any number of sites on the net. Just search on Google and you'll get a host of sites. Practice the simple ones. It will keep you in good health.

paul

I tried a simple one and although it was hard to "turn my mind off" I did achieve it for a few lasting minutes. It helped me with my stress levels as well.