Intestinal Health

ThymeforRodney

I've been having quite a few issues with either constipation or diarrhea. I eat well, I get vegetables and fruits in my diet. I watch the consumption of sugars and fats but nothing seems to help. I don't like yogurt so I'm looking for something else that may help me to regulate things. Any help is appreciated.

herbalistic

Brewer's Yeast

I too had some problems at one time with irregularity. I noticed when I started taking brewer's yeast tablets (not really the same thing as nutritional yeast), I started being more regular. I also find that eating salads and other greens helps keep me in balance. Apparently, a huge number of people who eat Western diets, have depleted levels of the B vitamins and certain other things that are abundant in their natural form in brewer's yeast. It has also boosted my energy level considerably and made my skin more youthful. I take six to ten tablets every day. Eating sweets, or any foods with processed sugar (as opposed to naturally occurring sugar) in it, tends to destroy the B vitamins in your intestinal track and they are needed for optimal digestion and intestinal health. I also take cod liver oil capsules and I feel that they also help.

Good luck!

wanderingherb

Lots of things can cause irregularity. Lots of things can help. Have you thought about probiotics if you don't eat yogurt?

Wanderingherb

curer

According to experts, the best way to keep good intestinal health is fasting. Because, according to them, fasting tends to flush out toxins from intestines and keep it clean and healthy. However, there are conflicting views about fasting. Nevertheless, fasting appears to be the simplest and the easiest way to keep intestines healthy.

boobah

Yeast overgrowth could cause it for sure. Something else is the friendly bacteria you need in your gut. I take a probiotic. It has the same stuff that yogurt has but it is in a pill form. Works really well for me.