Inadvertently overfeeding

Hedda

My husband has been using a scoop for the dog food that he thought was actually one cupful. Turns out it is a cup and a half! The dogs have been getting 50 percent more food than they should be! Looks like we need a New Year's weight-loss resolution for them too this year!

Is your dog now over weight? Doesn't sound like a whole like to go over but I'm thinking over time that it might put some extra pounds on him/her. How active are the dogs?

Lyra

One of my kids was doing that with our cats. Really just not paying attention to the markings on the scoop at all. I started to notice that there was food left in the dishes when it was supposed to be time to give them dinner. But cats can lose quickly when you cut back, so no worries.

Valerienne

I think dogs' systems are naturally adapted to overeating, so he should be okay. Worst case scenario, he'd put on weight. I'm sure the doggies thought that Christmas came early :)

Luvkenny

Ha! Oh no... well were the dogs gaining a lot of weight? We were over feeding our cats too. They are both on diets now. Have your dogs noticed they are getting less food?