I have to get this right!

Irma

I am making it my primary focus and my personal project to clean up my act with my eating, sleeping and exercise habits starting this week. I have been putting it off due to cold weather and school demands. I have to get this right!

DixieMarie

Sounds like a good project to have. I need to start doing the same thing as I have gotten away from watching what I'm eating and doing my exercises. Here's good luck to both of us!

hunysukle

I am wishing you the best luck with this great goal you have. I have found that keeping a journal and tracking my goals helps me keep them. I know what it's like to have cold weather interfere with working out.

Ankh

Take baby steps. Don't just dive head first into a diet you know you
won't keep. Decide to start adding healthier items to your cart each
week. Has anyone heard of those APPLE STRAW CRISPS????
Those things are terrific.

TheCause

I agree with Ankh. Take baby steps.
Also, it may seem really harsh at first, but once you get into a GOOD (not killing yourself) routine it will be a lot easier.
I used to skateboard 8+ hours a day, so exercise came regularly for me. If you could find something fun like that (My ankles,shins,hips,fingers,knees, and hospital bills from a concussion don't recommend skateboarding for everyone) it makes it a lot easier.
Best of luck to you.

I am making it my primary focus and my personal project to clean up my act with my eating, sleeping and exercise habits starting this week. I have been putting it off due to cold weather and school demands. I have to get this right!
You'll feel SO much better once you get everything under control. If I were you, I would only tackle one area at a time, like working on your sleep issues first, then the eating issues, then the exercise issues. If you try to make too many changes all at once, you could become overwhelmed and not make any progress with any of your issues. Baby steps!!

gar

Just when you're about to begin, try to constantly do it like its really a habit. It may hurt in the beginning, muscle pain but you'll be rewarded later on when once your body will be used to it, you won't feel the muscle pain again.

why it hurts?
What really will happen is that your muscles will be ripped off and will be replaced by new ones. And these new ones are a lot stronger and better muscles. :D

Mrs. Rogers

I agree, this is a fantastic plan. I lapsed on my healthy eating and living in the last month or so but I'm starting back on my plan this week.

I'm going to start drinking more water. I'm going to quit smoking, again. I'm going to start exercising again. I'm going to try to start eating healthier, again.

SoftRain

I agree that taking things one step at a time is best. I've found if I try to change too many things too quickly, I resist and stop completely. If I ease into it, I'm more likely to stick with it.

shaunche

Well done for taking the first step and deciding you want to improve your lifestyle. The next step is to implement a healthy lifestyle regime, one that will last for a lifetime.

Exercise - low intensity exercising like walking and cycling every day. High intensity exercise like resistance training and sprinting once of twice a week.

Diet - The foundation of your diet should be vegetables. Cut out sugars, grains and processed food. Invest in good quality meat and fish. Eat free range eggs, and good fats from coconut, avocado, extra virgin olive oil etc. Restrict carb intake.

Sleep - 7-8 hours a night. The odd nap when you have time.

artistry

Great goal. I would just suggest that you take it slow with everything. Surely but slowly,
you can accomplish what you want. Don't beat yourself up either. Good luck, you can do it.

Sugarhill

You'll feel SO much better once you get everything under control. If I were you, I would only tackle one area at a time, like working on your sleep issues first, then the eating issues, then the exercise issues. If you try to make too many changes all at once, you could become overwhelmed and not make any progress with any of your issues. Baby steps!!

I agree with this. Start with trying to sleep the proper amount of time as I think it will help you with the eating and exercise in the future.

Once you set up a regimen of sleep, you'll be able to set your eating schedule. You'll be hungry around the same time every morning, so you'll start moving your day along because you have to eat as to not let your body fall into starvation mode.

Breakfast will set the pace for the remaining meals, including when you want to stop eating prior to going to bed.

At that point, you'll be able to gauge when you have more energy and desire for exercise and you'll consistently do that. After a while, it will all fall into place and it won't even be something that you have to think about.

What would probably help you is to look for an application to track your sleep. If you have an Android phone, Sleep Bot or Sleepmeter are good choices.

Time management is indeed the key to this one and a decision to commit to having a more organized lifestyle. Consistency is a must as well so you will be able to manage it correctly.

I love your attitude! But, like everyone else has been saying, take it slow. If you try to change everything all at once, it will be too much of a shock, and you'll be more likely to burn out. Start with one thing, and make it a habit. Then change one more thing and make it a habit, etc.

This sounds like a great project! You just need to make sure you do not have the expectations set to high. If you have this you will be disappointed because you cannot feasibly reach the goal you have set.

gidget

I really need to slim down too. I tried Jenny Craig last yr and although it's costly but I lost about 40 lbs. I only used them for about a month, then I continued by buying like products like Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, etc

But the best way I ever lost weight was about 10 yrs ago by Somersizing. This is Suzanne Somers diet plan. It is basically food combinations. I feel like it is the most effective way to lose weight. It turns you into an amateur dietician, and changes your metabolism. You'll watch the weight just fall off your body.

Lena51

The best way to do this is to only have health foods in your house. Non of that junk food and I think you will be alright. If you prepare food for a week and then only eat what is prepared that will give you the incentive to stay on a good path. Snacks can be just a fruit and non of that sweet cake or pie that we are all use to. Eat those foods that will keep you full for a longer period of time and I believe you will be on your way. Don't worry you will get it right this time.

Ja'cobeC

I been trying to do that for the longest but I never happens. I was eating right but not exercising and lost about 30lbs. Feel like I have to much going on but I really don't. Going to Florida was a wake up call for me, now it's time to really get in shape.

mudrock

It's not easy to live a clean lifestyle and will take hard work and dedication but I know you can succeed. It seems that you have the right attitude. Just have to push yourself everyday to lift and eat well. Consistency is the key to success. Don't let school and the weather get in your way of your goals

Take it slow. You will have to ween yourself off of junk food so you won't binge whenever you get a craving. To do this allow yourself to have one serving of whatever you like at the end of the week. You really don't need to join any clubs or participate in any outrageous diets. Just buy raw healthy foods and exercise at least 30 minutes a day.