I don't know it all

chabella

All Lady
It is just a little phrase I remind myself from time to time. I remember years ago I would try to do too much of anything, get overwhelmed and stress out to the point of counting down the days until I gave myself my first heart attack. Now I just tell myself that I don't know it all, I may never know it all and I cannot be held responsible for everything that happens in everyone's life (other than my own).

Alli

I'm right there with you chabella. I have begun to live by the old saying "unsolicited advice is criticism." This rings true for people who try to give me advice as well. I don't care for it too much.

Luvkenny

That is so true chabella! I need to remind myself that too. It seems like I try to figure it all out. I don't know everything either. I also try to please too many people. I cannot be everything to everyone!

Cassia

I used to be like that before. I put a lot of pressure on myself. I felt like I always needed to do and know more because people expected a lot from me, but now I try not to be like that anymore. I have realized that I don't need to prove anything to anyone.

chabella

All Lady
I remind myself of this daily and I also wonder why I don't have it listed on my computer monitor as a quicker reminder. Sometimes I just jump in head over heels and then I pay for it later, kicking myself as I go of course.

Lyra

I'm right there with you chabella. I have begun to live by the old saying "unsolicited advice is criticism." This rings true for people who try to give me advice as well. I don't care for it too much.
This is a saying I need to memorize. I am not naturally critical, but I have trouble figuring out what things I can let go of with my children. I have come to realize that too much correction has the same effect as being critical. I think criticized children grow up beaten down and believing they can never gain parents' approval. So I am working hard to change this about myself. Thankfully, my children readily accept apologies.

Aletha

I would do well to print that out and have it tattooed on my hand where I can see it constantly. I tend to worry over everything, even things I can't do anything about. I have learned to meditate and that has helped with my stress level quite a bit, but it takes some doing for me to relax.