How young?

naturelady

I am thinking about getting my elementary school aged children a candle making kit for Christmas. They love crafts and always want to mess with the candles when they are warm (leave my candles alone!). Are they too young to make candles?

gmommy

You don't say how old they are but with your supervision, it could be a great rainy day project. I would make sure they understand that there must be a grown up there to help them when they make candles in order to be safe.

jason

Have a great day
I would strongly suggest adult supervision as you will be using a stove. But I see now reason why they cannot help you make them.

somebody

I agree that adult supervision is absolutely a must but I think it would be great for them to at least learn the process. I don't think there is any harm in it.

fit2be

I think with adult supervision it would be a cute gift. I would not make them in class though. Its more of a 1 on 1 project with a child and an adult. I bet they will love them though.

AppleMay

I agree with the others, if your kids really like to do crafts and you know they would like something like this, then get it. I would of course make use they don't attempt to do this without you or another adult present.

chabella

All Lady
The supervision is key but its never really too young. I remember being about their age for a school trip (I want to say it was around Thanksgiving since I remember pilgrims) and we had a blast. Of course we had about 5 teachers on that trip too but it was fun.

naturelady

Alright, I think I am going to get them a kit. Of course we would all do it together. Now I just have to find one! I didn't have any luck yesterday on Cyber Monday. Looks like I'll actually have to brave going into the shops.