How often do you wash your hair?

WeepingWillow

I know that the natural oils in hair are important and it's bad to wash it excessively. For 20 years, I washed my hair every single day. When I was 20, I tried washing my hair twice a week, either every two days or every three days.

That did not work for me. My hair was always greasy. Now, I wash my hair every other day. How often do you wash your hair?

Aconite

Yeah, I try to keep it at that level. Once every other day seems to be alright. There is the thought that many of these shampoos and conditioners are really bad for our hair and that we should only be using natural essential oils. Check out Wen.com.

Alli

My hair has always been very thick and heavy but never greasy. Due to the drying time, I find to wash it about twice a week works very well for me. I wouldn't like it if I had to wash it every day. It takes forever to dry.

Myrrh

I know that the natural oils in hair are important and it's bad to wash it excessively. For 20 years, I washed my hair every single day. When I was 20, I tried washing my hair twice a week, either every two days or every three days.

That did not work for me. My hair was always greasy. Now, I wash my hair every other day. How often do you wash your hair?
I wash my hair every single day because if I don't, it turns greasy and limp. I have also tried washing my hair every other day, but I didn't like how it looked and felt. What I do is dilute my shampoo with water in the hope of reducing the effects of the chemicals contained in the product.

SoftRain

I wash my hair every other day, although occasionally I will skip an extra day. I don't like to go any longer than that though.

Lyra

I, too, wash my hair every day. I have heard from many websites that if you stop washing long enough, your hair will stop needing to be washed every day, usually after up to 2 weeks. However, I have to stop appearing in public by day three. I think some people just tend toward greasier hair. On the up side, I have a theory about that being linked to going gray late.

chabella

All Lady
I use shampoo with conditioner every other day since I also have blonde highlights in it now but I still rinse it out at least three other times during the week too otherwise it gets all Albert Einstein on me. :D

2Nature

I wash my hair every three days. Sometimes (especially in the winter when I wear hats a lot) every two days. Washing once a day is too much for me.