How much coffee

paul

How much coffee do you drink? I drink far too much. In the run of a day I probably drink a minimum of 8-10 cups of coffee and or pop. My poor guts hate it, but I seem to need it to get me going in the morning and to stay going throughout the day.

locococo

Enough that I should know better by now? I am trying to limit myself to just one cup a day and its been a few months now, as a major change for me its been a little interesting to say the least.

Koen

Hi Paul! I drink about half as much as you do. Still, others are telling me to slow down :) So what I do is drink tea instead of coffee in at least one of those 4-5 coups. Well, sometimes I drink only tea the entire day. Tea is good. But for some reason I keep on swinging back to coffee.

I felt vindicated when I read somewhere that caffeine is actually good for asthmatics :)

sammie

I know that when a woman is pregnant they try and have her drink at most 2 cups a day, wouldn't 10 be bad for anyone though? That would be ingesting a great deal of sugars and other stuff that seems not so good for you...

vanillabean

Hi, Paul. I used to drink as much coffee as you did. Now, I am down to one or two cups. I think it may be because I don't work in a corporate environment anymore. It was hard to stay awake there.

skyheart

I used to drink four or five cups of coffee. Now, I am down to one or less. I've been trying to wean myself off for a few months. I'm getting there. :)

adebayo

Hi, Paul. I used to drink as much coffee as you did. Now, I am down to one or two cups. I think it may be because I don't work in a corporate environment anymore. It was hard to stay awake there.
Hahahaha! I cannot agree with this more. You got to drink lots of coffee to stay awake there.

Seriously this time, just try to think water, water, water. Our body needs 2.4 liters of water per day. This refers, according to one doctor, to pure water that you drink from waking up to hitting the bed.

So, fulfill that first, then drink all the coffee you like afterwards. I know a friend who brought down his coffee from 10 cups to 2 cups daily this way. Now, he said he can now survive a day without coffee, simply because he thinks water, water, water :)

Lilandra

When I first started working, which was quite a long time ago...I did the coffee break thing. I just loved the smell of the stuff...and I continued indulging until my stomach started to rebel and the pain that ensued cured me completely of the addiction.

Now, whenever I want something that's hot n' dark, with a rich flavor and sweet...I drink Roma [roasted barley]. It hit's the spot and without caffeine.

naturalman

Can caffeine drag out a annoyingly persistent cold? Say two strong espressos a day?

sent from my HTC Desire Android (AuraxTSense custom ROM)

CrunchyMama

Also, with coffee, its healthiness (or not) depends largely on whether or not you "doctor it up." *I* do. I don't care for it without milk/creamer and sugar, which of course means that I can't drink too much of it. If you drink it black, it probably isn't nearly as "bad" for you.

On the other hand, I understand caffeine tends to have a diuretic effect and you need to drink MORE water if you drink a lot of coffee.

naturalman

I only drink espresso, straight up. Even so I wonder if staying off caffeine is good idea when one has a cold.

sent from my HTC Desire Android (AuraxTSense custom ROM)

curer

Your consumption of 8 to 10 cups of coffee seem to be on high side. I usually consumer one cup of coffee occasionally. Of course, it's not a habit with me. But, occasionally I take.

remidies

cannot imagine staying off caffeine while having a cold. When I am not feeling well the caffeine clears my sinuses as well as my throat. I feel it also helps me to sweat out whatever virus I may have.

naturalman

How are you all going with coffee? I think having more than one or two espressos can delay sleep at night, even if I can have them before lunch.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hedda

When I was working full time I used to consume more caffeine than I do now. I have gone from two cups of coffee and a large soda to 1 cup of caffeinated and one cup of decaf, with no soda. I feel better for it.