How do you deal with bitter and smelly herbs?

Natural

I had this problem when I was a kid because my mom would boil some leaves and barks and then she will let me drink the soup of what she cooked. They always tastes bitter and I have to close my nose in order for me to swallow them.

There is one seed that I won't forget but it was my uncle, brother of my mom, who made me eat it. It was the mahogany seed. It is the most bitter seed that I have ever eaten. It was supposed to be swallowed but he told me to bite it. Even brushing the teeth didn't remove the bitter taste.

Herby

Ewww...I can totally empathize. My mom used to make herbal soups that were so nasty but she insisted that I drink it. The stuff that I had used to come with raisins to help take care of the taste.

greentea

I can bear moderate bitter herbal soups. Bitter gourds and papaya leaves are even my favorite food. But it's still difficult for me to chew mahogany seeds. :D A bit salt will usually do to neutralize the bitter taste.

smellsrfun

I have to say that I have been lucky enough to never have tried mahogany seeds before. What is the reason for eating these?
I have had many bitter herbs and salt and pepper usually can mask the taste.

Herby

One of my favorite dishes uses a Chinese melon known as a bitter melon (or squash). I stir fry it with fermented black beans, ginger, garlic and chicken. The melon is supposed to help reduce high cholesterol.

Natural

I have to say that I have been lucky enough to never have tried mahogany seeds before. What is the reason for eating these?
I have had many bitter herbs and salt and pepper usually can mask the taste.
It is suppose to make the blood thinner. This would help in the circulation of the blood. This is the reason why it is not advisable to take mahogany seeds when you have cuts or have a menstrual period for ladies because the blood flow will be strong.

The mahogany seeds are meant to be swallowed like a tablet. My uncle who fed me that seed teased me that I am not a man if I don't bite it. At least I've proven him that I'm a man. :D