How clean is clean?

Trudy

I have wanted to do a colon cleanse and detox ever since I first heard about it. I also have a colonoscopy scheduled for June. Now I'm wondering if all that prep they give you to do its own cleaning helps with this? Is the preparation's cleansing just a surface one? Is it safe to still do a cleanse so soon after a small medical test?

Primrose

You need to look up colonoscopy on the internet Trudy. Trust me when I say you will be cleaned out before you have the procedure. I would wait a couple of weeks before I did a colon cleanse. I think you will be clean enough until then.

Luvkenny

I agree, you are pretty cleaned out after the procedure (really after drinking the stuff they have you drink). I would not do a colon cleanse right after. You could always ask the doctor too.

Lyra

Yes, my understanding is that you will be empty. You have to be for them to be able to see clearly and make sure there are no polyps or other problems. I wouldn't think you would need to do a cleanse for some time after that.

aunaturel

A colon cleanse is completely unnecessary at any time. There is no scientific or logical basis for doing them. A detox, on the other hand, can be beneficial for your entire system, especially if you're in the process of changing to a healthier diet and lifestyle.