Hospital drops 'homeopathy' title

jason

Have a great day
An NHS hospital is dropping the word homeopathy from its title to better reflect its work.
The Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital will now be called the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine.
Senior staff recommended the change to better reflect the hospital's methods, which integrate complementary and conventional medicine following controversy over homeopathy, which MPs said last year should no longer be funded on the NHS.
The Commons Science and Technology Committee said there was no evidence homeopathy was any more effective than placebo - the same as taking a sugar or dummy pill and believing it works.
Homeopathy, which is a 200-year-old system, differs from herbal medicine in that it relies on substances being diluted many times. It has been funded on the NHS since its inception in 1948.

more The Press Association: Hospital drops 'homeopathy' title

question

I think it is a great idea to change the name as the two kinds of medicines start working together. I am starting to see some of that happening around here. Just very slowly.

adebayo

I'm consulting with a homeopathic doctor. The way I see things now, there's just no way homeopathy and traditional medicine can go together. In fact I think it's time also for homeopathy practitioners to drop the word "medicine" anywhere in their literature.

biggy

Naming homeopathy as integrated medicine appears to be better. There is no harm in changing the name in view of the latest trends in medicine and homeopathy.