Homemade Vicks vapor shower discs

Lilly

I found these homemade Vick's shower discs last year on Pinterest. I used them several times and they worked really great! So far I haven't needed them this year, but I thought you guys might like them.

Lucinda

Vick's really does best when you need your airways opened up. My mother used to rub it on my chest before I went to bed. I've not heard of this product before, but if it's Vick's, it's love.

AppleMay

I've never heard of this before but can see how they would work. I can remember my mother doing the same thing Lucinda. She also always put a dab under our noses.

Lyra

My mom sent me this blog post a few weeks ago. It looks like a fantastic idea. We use a lot of Vick's during the winter months. And I have one child who always need steam to help when he has a cough.

Lilly

I just think they are cool because you can do it yourself. I do still have the Vick's cream to rub on the kid's chest if they get too congested. Both of my kids are still too young for cold medicine or anything like that.

freshfoodie

Those look pretty sweet, maybe I will give them a try. I like DIY ideas like this. I was always told that you should put the Vicks on your feet with socks on because it draws the toxins down and out. It always seems to work.

chabella

All Lady
I really like this idea and I am sure it is much cheaper than what you pay at the store for Vick's. The last time I bought a container of it I almost flipped my lid.

Lilly

Those look pretty sweet, maybe I will give them a try. I like DIY ideas like this. I was always told that you should put the Vicks on your feet with socks on because it draws the toxins down and out. It always seems to work.
I have never heard of that before, but next time I need it I will give it a try. Chabella making them was pretty inexpensive, and definitely cheaper than the Vick's version they sell at the store.