Homemade oatmeal soap

AnonaMoss

Thanks. That is really beautiful and it looks just as good as the store bought ones. I think I will make these in the winter time. They also look like they would make great gifts. I would probably add a little something extra to it for a pop of color. Personally, I love rose petals in my soap.

Lyra

Do you think this soap would be good to treat minor itching? I know that oatmeal is useful, like in a bath to help reduce itching from things like bug bites.

Parker

Thanks for the recipe and the link. I didn't realize that the making soap was relatively easy. It's also a lot cheaper than buying it. There were also so great links to body sugar sites at the link too. Wonderful find. ;)

Jessi

Do you think this soap would be good to treat minor itching? I know that oatmeal is useful, like in a bath to help reduce itching from things like bug bites.
Absolutely. So if you deal with skin rashes often or if you just have various bug bites and whatnot, it absolutely is going to help you. It's going to feel good at the time and hopefully will have some lasting effects for you.

HealthyS7

My sister has eczema and she loves oatmeal soap for the summer when it really flares up. I love the way my skin feels so nourished when I use oatmeal soap too.

Esperahol

It looks cool, thanks fo the link and all. Then again I'm lazy and there are like fourteen stores right the street.

Nina

I've used oatmeal soap from the drug store before and liked it. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I might try it once the weather gets a little cooler and I'm up for a new project or two.

Cassia

That's so neat and makes a perfect gift! I have always used oatmeal for my homemade facial and body scrub and mask. I just love the exfoliating yet gentle touch of oatmeal on my skin.

I have heard that oatmeal soap is great for your skin and there is many health benefits to it. The best part about this is that it is natural and you can use it on both babies and adults. I am going to have to give this a try sometime. It really does seem simple enough to make.

Thanks for the informative post about oatmeal soap. Oatmeal provides fiber that helps remove dry skin and improves skin tone. I find oatmeal soap is the best kind to use for children or those with sensitive skin. I have in the past purchased organic oatmeal soap at my local health food store. Your post has inspired me to create my own. I will experiment by adding essential oils. Clary sage is a favorite in my household.

Waynefire

Thank you for the information it really will help me. I already make quitE a bit of my items so it would really help out.