Homemade Baby Wipes

I<3Peppermint

I've heard that you can make your own baby wipes from a roll of paper towels cut in half and then soaked in a solution of water and other things. There is even a YouTube video on how to make them. I think I would rather use something like this than all of the ones with tons of chemicals. Has anyone tried these?

StingingNettle

I used homemade baby wipes. I've heard of that recipe but I did something different. There are a few ways to do it.

I made a stack of soft wipes from a flannel sheet that had worn out. I just cut out different size rectangles and hemmed them up. Very easy, even for a novice sewer.

Whenever I washed diapers, before I put them in the dryer, I'd pull out the fresh, clean wipes and put them in a Tupperware box. They were damp, but not wet. Whenever I did a diaper change, I just pulled a few out of the box. When I was done, I put them with the dirty diaper in the pail.

Some people stack the cloth wipes in a baby wipe box and put in a little water, tea tree oil, as an antiseptic, and a few drops of an essential oil to create a nice smell.

Oh, and they were SO much nicer to use then the disposable kind.

boobah

We did the same thing, we made reusable baby wipes out of cloth too. We saved old clothing that could not be worn to turn in to wipes if the material was appropriate. It saved us a tone of money.