Home remedies for headache

Lilly

This is a neat list I ran across online for easy ways to relieve a headache. I have tried a few of these before, but I may give the cayenne pepper trick a try next.

chabella

All Lady
I know that the cayenne pepper trick is one of those things you never really think about at first. I was hesitant the first time I tried it but it worked and I can not knock it when it does what it should. Headaches for me are okay, most times if I am at the house when it happens I curl up in our couch. Since we use that as a "theater room" the new curtains we recently purchased are great for blocking light out & the couch is memory foam.

Found this and thought I would share too (it just came via email from a friend).

Attachments

SoftRain

I would be afraid to try the cayenne pepper remedy! I've tried a few of the ones listed, but since I have noticed my frequent headaches do increase right before my period, perhaps I should up my magnesium intake.

Pinkle

Lilly, I am prone to frequent headaches, so thanks for linking to that list. I will definitely be trying some of those remedies out next time I have a headache (which is almost daily here recently).

Primrose

I used to be prone to frequent headaches myself and anything I did would not touch them. After much trial and error, I found that I was highly sensitive to aspartame and MSG. As long as I stay away from these two things, I'm O.K. Thanks for the list Lily. It's always good to have options.

detoxing

If you have headaches more than occasionally, you really should figure out what's causing them and deal with that, rather than just treating the symptoms. There is usually a cause, from too much stress to poor posture to hormonal imbalances.

Pinkle

Detox - I agree with you and I would LOVE to know what's causing my headaches here lately. If I had health insurance, I would visit the doctor, but I can't afford to pay $70 just to walk in the door and then pay more cash out of pocket for tests, blood work, etc. In the meantime, I have no choice but to just treat the symptoms.

SoftRain

I need to go to the doctor about headaches too, but the sheer quantity of possible causes is very daunting. I'm also afraid that things I really like, like chocolate, will end up being a trigger.

Pinkle

I need to go to the doctor about headaches too, but the sheer quantity of possible causes is very daunting.
That's another reason I haven't been to the doctor about my headaches. Any number of things could be causing them and there's no telling how much it could wind up costing to find a definitive diagnosis!

Cassia

I usually get headaches when I am super stressed or I am coming down with a cold. Lack of sleep also gives me a headache. What I usually do is to take a nap, have a cup of tea, or massage essential oil into my temples, and it works most of the time. I think I'll give remedy #6 a try. I honestly didn't know that apple cider vinegar could relieve a headache.

Teddy3

Hi, I'm new to this topic. Does anyone have cluster headaches, I'm looking for a cure, I get these 2-4 days in a row, 4-5 times a month. I was prescribed Gabapentin by my VA doctor, and it worked for a few months as a preventive. But now I'm getting them again. I've researched these on the net, and they say, only men get them, and no one knows how they start. I recently saw a show on Discovery channel for cluster headaches, also called (suicide headaches), and a guy on the show ate Psilocybin which is in magic mushrooms. At a very small dosage, will last 6 - 12 months headache free. Unfortunately these are illigal. But to get rid of the pain I guess I'll try anything. I'm a truck driver by trade, but try driving an 11 hour day with this pain. Any other suggestions? Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk