His hobby keeps him sane!

SuzyQ

My husband used to be very stressed all the time until he took up airplane modelling. Now, he spends time in his little workshop next to the bedroom, and is very chilled out and relaxed. It's great mental therapy!

Hedda

I find that doing "close work" like stichery or crocheting or sewing does wonders for stress management. The process of creating something that requires focus and concentration is very rejuvenating. You wouldn't think so, but I have found it to be true.

SoftRain

I'm glad he found a hobby that entertains and soothes him. I think hobbies are more important to quality of life than people generally realize.

AppleMay

I also think that it is important to have a hobby that you enjoy doing. It can be a great way to relieve stress and have fun at the same time.

Luvkenny

Awesome! Mine works on tractors but he is still stressed! I believe his is from lack of work. I am glad yours found something that calms him down.

SuzyQ

Well, he is the most impatient person you can imagine, yet when he is building his models, he is such a perfectionist that he has infinite patience. It's amazing to watch! It must be improving his health tremendously.

chabella

All Lady
Hedda that is how I feel when I am sitting in front of a blank canvas just waiting for a little color to spruce it up. My better half is about to take up a different type of hobby though and I am all for backing him, might even pack him a snack if he is lucky. He is heading out today after work to pick up a mountain bike, it is something he can do with a cousin of ours (or alone since we have trails close by).

Lilly

Everyone needs a hobby that they can use to relieve stress. My husband likes to play guitar and I like to complete craft projects. We also are both gun enthusiasts who like to go to the range so that is a hobby we get to share...and talk about relieving stress! ;)

Cassia

Just the other day I was feeling so low, so when I came home from work I rested a bit then played a couple of songs on the piano. Music always soothes me, that's why. As mentioned, everyone should have a hobby that they can turn to for stress relief.

jaytongret

I personally blacksmith as my hobby to keep me sane. Well that and I work with herbs.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2

freshfoodie

Awesome! Mine works on tractors but he is still stressed! I believe his is from lack of work. I am glad yours found something that calms him down.
I think mine's stress comes from lack of work right now too. It stinks, but maybe he could find a hobby that will help him relax.

Luvkenny

My hubby is back to work now and he is a lot less stressed out. He has less time to work on his hobby too. I think it makes him enjoy it even more. I hope yours gets back to work soon too fresh.

Clavell

After my guitar sat barely touched for years I started playing again. It's a huge stress reliever for me. Sometime between after work and bedtime I play for 20 minutes or more. I may not have much talent, but my dog doesn't care. :) She's a great stress reliever, too. :)

chabella

All Lady
The guitar is something that happens to be used in our house at least once a week. I just leave my husband in his home office and let the music play. I can not three strings myself but he has been playing for over 20 years so I tend to get serenaded by rock music. A girl can not be choosy. :p

Raspberry Leaf

Hobbies are much more important than people realize, especially ones that require close attention. The long term benefits of crossword puzzles, number puzzles, and other activities that give your brain "exercise" are proven to help combat diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Mark Sullivan

Everyone needs a hobby that they can use to relieve stress. My husband likes to play guitar and I like to complete craft projects. We also are both gun enthusiasts who like to go to the range so that is a hobby we get to share...and talk about relieving stress! ;)

SoftRain

Hobbies are much more important than people realize, especially ones that require close attention. The long term benefits of crossword puzzles, number puzzles, and other activities that give your brain "exercise" are proven to help combat diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
I like doing puzzles! It's been quite awhile since I have done any, however. I need to pick them back up. Crossword puzzles are my favorite, although I've never been good enough to do well with a New York Times version.