Here's one for the kids

Carolynn

I ran across this on a cooking blog I follow, and I thought some of you with kids might like it too. Who would have thought to put Ivory soap in the microwave?!?

freshfoodie

That looks so freaking fun! I don't have kids and I still want to give it a try. I especially like the idea of remolding it afterwards into cute little decorative soaps. It is odd how many experiments start with simple Ivory soap.

I've never heard of doing something like this before with Ivory soap. I've saved the link and just might give it a try when all the kids are here next. Looks like something they will have a ball with. :)

Luvkenny

Awesome link! My kids will love it and I think I will too. I can't wait to see what they mold them into! I bet something fun. I see the kids wanting to do this often.

Carolynn

I think it will be a lot of fun for me and the kids! I can't wait to see the look on their faces when it starts doing it's thing in the microwave. :)

Hyacinth

Wow! It never occurred to me that you could microwave a bar of soap and make a craft out of it! I will try this with my nephew and niece the next time I have a bonding moment with them. It looks really fun.

dissn_it

That is just awesome! I had never heard of doing this with Ivory soap before. I wish I would have known about it when my kids were little. It is a neat way for them to make their own shaped soap, too. They would make nice gifts for the kids to give other people.

ssamcd

Wow I love it. That is great for the kids to keep them busy over the summer. It is also great idea for Christmas gifts. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. :)

j_pin

I did this with my nieces and nephew, not only did they think it was totally awesome (as well as think that I am super great Aunt) but now every time they hang out with me they ask to do it. Haha! I've used a lot of bars of soap on this, but it's worth it to see them smile.

Jessi

Whoa, that looks like a lot of fun. I never would've thought to do it, but I'd love to try it out now. Where were the adults with this know-how when I was growing up? I feel like I missed out, hehe.

misumaru15

Ah this seems simple. I have most of those ingredients and just need some ivory. I think they would love it and I needs some craft activities to hold their attention.

Carolynn

My kids LOVED it! I just threw the whole thing in the bathtub with them after we were done and they had just as much fun playing with that. I think I am going to get some of the molds so next time they can make their own little soaps, and I love the idea of letting them make some for gifts. Apparently, Ivory soap has lots of mystical qualities because it is always the soap of choice for crafts and experiments when you find them. Glad you guys liked it! :)

Jessi

In the bathtub? That's a great idea to keep down the mess and make cleanup a cinch. And I don't know what it is about Ivory soap, but you're right....it's what I usually see called for in crafts and such. Maybe it's because it doesn't have all the fragrances and dyes like a lot of other bar soaps do?

That is some great information! I will have to get a bar of this soap because I only have the liquid version of the soap right now.

Nina

My niece is 9 years old and still loves playing with toys in the bath tub. This is a perfect activity for us to do the next time I get to keep her for the weekend. She's always wanting us to bake and decorate cookies, which is fine in the winter. I want another activity that gives me a kitchen break.

This is something I will have to do next time our 11 year old is here. She is with her mom 50% of the time. She is always looking for fun experiments and crafts to do with me! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for posting it!

AnonaMoss

The ones with food coloring or gorgeous. I wonder if that dye runs while you are lathering. That was a very creative idea, though. I would've never guessed that Ivory soap would poof into a cloud. Her little story about her kids are more interested in getting super clean when they make the soap is super cute too.