Herbs in a tube

Nina

We love using marinating tomatoes in chopped basil and then broiling them. Yesterday I found a tube of basil, which I decided to try. The results last night were really good, and I'm hoping this tube will last longer than the fresh sprigs of basil I buy at the store. What other great herbs in a tube have you tried?

dissn_it

I have never tried the herbs in tubes before. I saw them in the store and wondered if they would be any good or not. It sounds like you had good results with the basil. I do grow most of the herbs I use in cooking but may have to try some that I don't in a tube form.

beckyv1265

I grow my own herbs so have never tried them in a tube before. I am not sure what you are even discribing. If I bought them in the store I would just get fresh clippings.

Carolynn

I am not sure what you are talking about either.. are the herbs in the tube fresh and still growing? I don't think that I have seen herbs in a tube before.

shaunche

I'm not sure what you mean by herbs in a tube. I grow most of the herbs I eat. The only herbs I buy are herbs which don't grow well where I live, herbs like coriander. When I buy herbs I usually buy them loose and place the herbs in a bag.

plsargent

Would you be able to post a picture? I have seen them fresh in the store but never in a "tube". Someday I hope to grown my own, right now I just kill everything I try to grow. :(