Herbal Treatment For Pimples

Natural

I'm having a lot of pimples lately due to emotional problems I think. What herbal treatment can I apply to my pimples to eradicate them? I also would like to know what to apply to prevent more pimples from developing.

Treehugger

I have heard white willow bark is good for acne. White willow bark extract is a natural product that provides anti-acne properties, sebum control and can be used as an exfoliant. On products it is called 2-hydroxybenzoic acid or salicylic acid so if you see either of those they would be good products to use.

Herby

Are these products things that I can buy at a natural health food store? My son is going through puberty and he's breaking out like crazy.

smellsrfun

I've read where you can use tomatoes to help cure pimples. I'm not sure if it works or not but I'm going to give it a try this weekend. You are supposed to freeze the fresh tomato juice and then rub the ice cube on your pimples.

Natural

The fresh juice sounds really delicious. Please let us know what is the result of the tomato juice treatment. The pimples are not stopping to grow. They are like mushrooms because when a pimple subsides, another will take its place in another spot of my face.

smellsrfun

Well it seemed to help a bit. It was odd though! I think you are supposed to try it often (many days) before it will really clear up acne problems. I'm on day 4 so we will see.