Herbal Christmas Gifts

Primrose

Just finished getting my herbs ready to give for Christmas gifts yesterday. So far, I have oregano, sage, dill and basil ready to give. I would love to get a gift like this, wouldn't you?

Lyra

Before I made it to your last sentence, I was thinking, "I sure wish I would get a gift like that for Christmas!" Did you tie bunches up with a red bow? Or did you find some other cute way to package your thoughtful gifts?

chabella

All Lady
My aunt flips for gifts like this each year. Her husband always hunts around little shops to pick up new batches for her and every year we tell him that he should just grow his own, the gifts sound lovely!

Hyacinth

If the herbs are dried, you can put them in cute containers with ribbons and labels. Those who love cooking will surely love to receive this type of gift.

Primrose

I actually put the dried herbs in my magic bullet and grind them so they look just like the store bought ones. I save all my small glass jars and empty spice bottles during the year and reuse them for these herbs. I also give dried red cayenne peppers and put them in a little sandwich bag whole so they can be used any way the receiver chooses. One of each goes into a nice Christmas bag and "wa-la," great gift.

Trudy

One thing on my grocery list this morning is a supply of basil. I'm fixing a dish tonight that has basil in it, and we do love tomatoes with basil. If I were on your gift recipient list, I'd already have it. Your herb gifts sound wonderful.