Herb cozies

Lucinda

About ten years ago, I purchased a homemade pillow filled with some kind of beans or peas and all sorts of soothing herbs, including menthol. It was sold at a crafts fair in a big city near here. You could pop it into the microwave for a minute or so and then put it around your neck. It felt heavenly. I would love another one of these, but I have no idea where to find one. Has anyone seen these?

Lilly

I have heard of something similar, but I have never seen one. I am sure that you could Google it, or even look on Pinterest and find a pattern or directions though.

Lucinda

I hadn't thought of that. Maybe someone makes them and sells them. I don't even have a sewing machine, and these would definitely require a machine. Thanks for the suggestion, Lilly.

Lyra

I remember those. Lavender is commonly found in them, too, I think. They seem easy enough to make. It might get a little pricey to buy all the herbs you need, though. Cheaper for those making the pillows since they can buy in bulk. Still, it would be a fun project. And you could pick a fabric you really love.

BettyKane

I've heard of these but never tried one before. Good to hear they are nice. I'll have to have a look around myself to see what I can find. If you find some, please let us know.

Aletha

All you would have to do is to make the rectangular pillow, stuff it with herbs and rice, make a pillowcase to fit and heat and use. I always put some loops on the ends of the pillow so you can hold it or position it more easily. You will need to either use an extremely high thread count or make the pillow with two layers of fabric to help to hold the herbs in. Not at all hard to make.

SoftRain

I've always seen them filled with rice, but not with herbs. That would definitely add some aromatherapeutic qualities. Lavender in particular would be lovely and relaxing.