Hello world!

Hi all,
Just thought I'd introduce myself properly as I've been lurking around this site for a while now. I live on the south coast of England (think lots of people here are in the States?) and have been developing a passion for all things herbal over the last 5 years. This year we bought a property with lots of land (woodland, meadow, Victorian parkland) and I've been planting up my herb garden over the last few months to get it ready for spring. I can't wait! I've gone for a lovely mix of culinary (love to cook), aromatic, medicinal and cosmetic herbs, together with lots of traditional cottage garden flowers and roses. We're also waiting for delivery of our 18 fruit trees for our orchard. Next year I hope to have filled all my empty jam jars and bottles with lots of wonderful homemade tinctures, syrups and preserves. I'm also starting to dabble in making cosmetics and have mastered the art of bath bombs. Next up - soaps!

I'm an environmental scientist, working as a wind farm developer but I'm currently on a year long maternity leave to look after my little boy who I gave birth to in July. I've done a few herb courses and have a growing library of herbal books that I love delving into for inspiration and information. Not sure if you've heard of her, but I'd strongly recommend Jekka McVicar. Hope to chat with you all at some point and share herbal tips. :)

wanderingherb

Yes! Excellent resource. Gosh, another book to buy. LOL.
You sound very interesting!
I'm new but thought I'd say hello!

Wanderingherb

jason

Have a great day
Greetings and salutations. The wind farm sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing some your posts.

ThymeforRodney

Hello and welcome! I'm from the States and I think a lot of others are too but we love to talk about all things herbal! Thanks for the recommend and I'll be picking up another book. There is a lot of knowledge that has slipped past us since we all started looking up to medicine for our health. Now the whole issue has come full circle and I think a lot of people are looking again at the alternative medicine to help with their help. Again-WELCOME!