Have you ever tried going on a raw diet?

WeepingWillow

A raw diet is pretty much where you eat nothing but raw and fruits and vegetables. I can't imagine it being all that healthy because you are missing other nutrients in your diet.

But, I did try it once. It only lasted about two weeks. I was hungry all the time and it just wasn't satisfying. Some people have tried it and loved it, but it is not a good or realistic option for a lot of people.

acornkin

My partner was raw for a summer. It really helped her, but it was not a viable long-term option.
I think that most people would do better with some fasting, either in general or from cooked foods. It is common in many cultures for a reason.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Alli

The raw diet is supposed to be the best there is for a human body. Hallelujah Acres has a plan that incorporates all things raw. Their recipes are even raw. They claim that everything cooked is just filler. Check out their link. It's very interesting.

acornkin

There is pretty much no culture on earth that eats only raw foods. There is very probably a reason for this.
Some people can tolerate and even thrive on a raw diet, but that definitely does not include everyone.
I think that a balanced diet of minimally processed traditionally-prepared foods, with emphasis on the plant kingdom, is the best bet. Some vegetables are most nutritious and safe in their raw forms, but some are better cooked or fermented due to oxalates or other anti-nutrients. Plants don't want you to eat parts of them, with the exception of fruits, and have defenses to deter you.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

PaloVerde

I don't think I could handle it at all. I had my gallbladder out several years ago and since that time I have problems digesting some raw foods. I do better with things that have at least been lightly steamed.

Myrrh

I know that cooking food may lead to loss of some of the nutrients and there is a healthy side to thriving on a raw diet. I don't think that a raw diet is for me though. Giving up meat and dairy wouldn't be easy on my part.

SoftRain

I don't think an entirely raw diet is healthy. It's good to eat raw fruits and vegetables but some actually have more nutrients after cooking, depending on the method.

2Nature

People are willing to accept strange concepts in their diet just because somewhere someone said that it is special and useful. Raw diet is not a good idea if you ask me.