Has anyone tried Equate?

TheCause

It is like Ensure. The Equate Plus tastes like french vanilla coffee creamers. It's sooo addictive.
Since I am a vegetarian, it helps out a lot. It could be good for anyone with an active lifestyle though. Here is the nutritional facts:

http://i.imgur.com/FFABf.jpg

It is pretty much the same as Ensure, but cheaper.

I have never tried this. I find the supplements they are selling most of the times are nothing more then hyped up sugar drinks. So I do not try them right now and hopefully never have to!

Sugarhill

I've never tried it and I appreciate the screenshot. Looking at the label, there are better options out there, even for a vegetarian like yourself. Have you ever looked at the labels of various protein powder makers?

Lyra

I think those drinks can be helpful in some situations. But they are highly processed foods and there are a lot of drawbacks to using something like that instead of getting your nutrition from good food.

misumaru15

My dad takes these sometimes. He likes them for when he doesn't want to have a full meal. They just take the edge off of hunger. They are inexpensive also. My son loves to have one of his grandpa's "pink milk" drinks. He always buys the strawberry kind.

beckyv1265

Equate is a brand name for walmart. I have noticed that these drinks are getting better about their carb content and contain more protein. I think they taste fine. i occasionaly use them for meal replacement when I am on the run and don't have time to eat.

LillyZ

I have tried it, and it is alright. I think I prefer Kroger's generic brand. I don't know what it is called, but they always seem to send me coupons for it. I never buy the name brand drinks, they are getting way to expensive.

dissn_it

I have never tried it but is it worth the 350 calories to get percentages of vitamins and minerals. I think you would have to evaluate your own diet and if it works for you then that is great. If not, there are other ways to get the vitamins and minerals for less calories.

Sugarhill

I have never tried it but is it worth the 350 calories to get percentages of vitamins and minerals. I think you would have to evaluate your own diet and if it works for you then that is great. If not, there are other ways to get the vitamins and minerals for less calories.

This. I would still advise giving a protein shake a chance. You'll more than likely find the same flavor for less calories and more nutrients than what that will provide.

I've actually never heard of an Equate drink. I do know Equate is equivalent to the Walmart name brand of vitamins and over the counter medicines. I'll have to look into this. I more than likely won't end up using it though since I generally drink protein shakes with my workouts as it is.

TheCause

So, does it taste similar to Ensure? Ensure kind of grosses me out!
I'm not sure the last time you tried it. It taste like liquid gold honestly. As mentioned, the "Plus" flavors have the taste of those french vanilla coffee creamers. Infact, they taste identical to those things. Just a little creamier. I can drink french vanilla coffee creamers by the gallon!

Also yes, they come from Wal Mart. I have tried Kroger brands, and they are ok, but not as good as the Wal Mart brand.

shaunche

What is it? A cream substitute? What are the ingredients? Looking at the nutritional info, it has 50g of carbohydrate, 20g of which are from sugar. It's certainly not good for you.

btatro

I'm not sure the last time you tried it. It taste like liquid gold honestly. As mentioned, the "Plus" flavors have the taste of those french vanilla coffee creamers. Infact, they taste identical to those things. Just a little creamier. I can drink french vanilla coffee creamers by the gallon!

Also yes, they come from Wal Mart. I have tried Kroger brands, and they are ok, but not as good as the Wal Mart brand.
Have not tried it yet, only have tried Ensure which has a distinct flavor & smell that I find fairly unpleasant. Going to look up what it consists of... usually the stuff that tastes good is awful for you :)

Esperahol

Is 350 calories really too much? I mean you can get 180 from a glass of orange juice and 250 from a soda. 350 isn't that bad and this is overall a good investment if you need something to round out your diet.