Hand sanitizer

chabella

All Lady
How many here use hand sanitizer? I know in the schools teachers prefer kids will use this between classroom activities and I keep some in the car for random spills that happen. I wonder if its one of those things that can quickly become too much of a bad thing?

Luvkenny

I don't like it at all! The smell bothers me. I work in a hospital and there are hand sanitizing stations on walls throughout the hospital. I never use it! I am a avid hand washer.

SoftRain

I dislike it as well. I can understand having it in the hospital and in the classroom, I suppose, but I do not keep it in my house. I think it contributes to the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains.

chabella

All Lady
The stations that have the lotion and are more bubble like I am okay with. I will not touch any that smell like lemons and I do not use it that often but it does come in handy sometimes.

Lyra

I have it in the car for emergencies and that is it. I don't like it and use it maybe 2-3 times a year. It can also be dangerous for small children. There have been documented cases of little kids licking their hands when they had too much and it making them very sick due to the alcohol.

Hyacinth

Actually, I always have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag. I must admit that the smell is not that pleasant, but I have found one that has a cucumber scent, so it's light and fresh.

Carolynn

I have some but we don't use it for our kids unless we absolutely have to. One of my husband's instructors at school was telling them that a child had nearly died from alcohol poisoning from excessive use of the stuff. There was also a story on Yahoo not too long ago about kids drinking it to get drunk.

Aletha

I have some I carry with me but I rarely use it. My hands get so dry in the fall and winter seasons they usually crack open. I use lotion but it still happens and is horrible.

Lucinda

My sister-in-law has overdone the hand sanitizer on her children since they were babies. Her children are little kids still, but their hands are really rough. It's the first thing I notice when I keep them and hold their hands. There's nothing wrong with soap and water. Hand sanitizer removes so many of the oils from the skin.

Valerienne

Why would schoolkids have to use sanitizer between classes? That sounds like an easy way to promote germophobia and compromised immunity. Whose idea was that? The sales manager of the sanitizer?

I prefer to wash my hands the regular way. They'd still feel dirty to me if I didn't rinse them.