Grocery store shopping carts

Trudy

As I was wiping the handle of my grocery cart yesterday with the convenient little wipes the store puts near them, I thought about how many years that was never even something I thought about. How many people actually use those wipes now? I started about a year ago.

SoftRain

I never use them. I can see why people do, but I just don't bother. I'm a firm believer in germ exposure to keep my immune system healthy.

Primrose

You're right Trudy. We never thought about things like that when I was a kid. Sometimes I'll use a wipe and sometimes not. It's not good to be totally germ free. That's now how we're made. SoftrRain has a point.

Luvkenny

I don't use them. I do make sure that I wash my hands as soon as I get home from the store. They are fairly new to our store so why bother. I guess we are going to pick up germs somewhere right?

chabella

All Lady
I always use them and I actually keep a box in my car for that very reason. Sometimes the store in our area does not refill the cart box as much as most people would like. I only started doing this about six years ago but I never miss a chance to wipe them down.

WillieR

I don't worry about it. I always make sure I carry some sanitizer with me and use that before I leave the store, but other than that, I don't worry.

Lyra

I never use them. I can see why people do, but I just don't bother. I'm a firm believer in germ exposure to keep my immune system healthy.
This is my philosophy exactly. Now I will make my kids wash hands when we've been to Walmart or some other busy, public place. The only time I use the wipes is if I am sick. In that case I wipe down the cart when I am done with it.

aunaturel

I'm with SoftRain on this one. I believe that we're creating new bugs that are highly resistant because we've become fixated with killing all the germs around us. One problem with that is that we're also killing off the good germs and bacteria that we're supposed to be exposed to.

Hyacinth

I use wipes, and I usually put some in my bag when I go out. I don't think I have seen these little wipes. Maybe the stores in our area don't have them. Some stores have hand sanitizer dispensers though.

freshfoodie

I am also with SoftRain. I think that all this hyper cleanliness is what is keeping all of these "super bugs" in business. We have natural antibodies but if we don't get exposed to the germs, we don't get immunity.