Giving cats a bath

Other then the cat possibly not liking to get one, is it ok to bath them and how often should you do it? We have a new kitten that seems to keep getting fleas so we have been bathing it. Only twice now and he really doesn't seem to mind. I just don't want to over do it.

Elkheart

Sure, it's OK to bathe cats. Just make sure you use a cat shampoo because they will groom themselves. I wouldn't bathe the cat over once a week though to avoid them getting dry skin.

Weezle

Better get it used to baths now, if it gets older before you start, it wouldn't allow you to bathe it. I had to bathe an older cat once and it REALLY didn't like it. I have the scars to prove it.

Luna

I agree, get the kitten use to baths now. Then later on, maybe the cat will not claw your eyeballs out. I think bathing the cat, once a week is fine.

Yes, start now and it won't be so hard later on. But do try to keep it up enough so that he/she is used to it. If you end up waiting a very long time to start again, you just might have more then you want to handle. :eek:

ThymeforRodney

Man! I wish you luck bathing a cat. You may get by with a bath when it's small, but watch out when it gets bigger. It's not an easy task, to bathe a cat.

BettyKane

We had a cat one time that really did like his bathing time. I admit he wasn't thrilled the first time when he was a kitten but after a time or two he just didn't seem to mind at all.

NeedToLearnMore

I have heard of some cats that really didn't mind having baths. I think with some it is just more of tolerating them when you do give them one. And then there are those........well you might want to armor yourself up! :)